United Rack Services (URS) offers a comprehensive, independent evaluation of the overall condition of your warehouse or D/C. Why the emphasis on safety? Why URS? Our program actually saves your organization money by identifying deficiencies in your racking system. This program is not simply a fork truck damage assessment. It is a comprehensive safety evaluation. Our trademarked process identifies problems within your system and provides corrective measures your company can take to correct the issues before the situation becomes critical. The savings realized by preventing a rack failure or other incident is substantial.
WHY YOU NEED A SAFETY INSPECTION:
- If you wish to ensure that your installation meets the requirements of the current health and safety regulations and the SEMA/RMI Codes and Guidelines.
- If there is a high degree of activity in your warehouse, particularly where there is a risk of damage to your installation by mechanical handling equipment.
- If there is a need to identify unsafe components in order to reduce the dangers of collapse.
- If you have concern about the possible risk of injury to personnel caused by continued use of damaged racking.
- If you are interested in saving the hidden costs of an incident or collapse which could include: replacing materials and damaged goods, use of temporary storage facilities, general disruption, not forgetting the subsequent cost of any legal proceedings which may ensue.
WE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH:
- A detailed report on the condition of your racking and shelving in accordance with the European (EN 15635) Code and Guidelines.
- Details of all locations that require attention.
- General observations affecting the safe working condition of your warehouse, including housekeeping, pallets, floor, lighting, fork lift truck operations etc.
- Layout drawings of your installation (if desired), showing your location system – which is updated after each inspection.
We inspect all makes of racking and shelving-in ambient, chill and cold store warehouses . We also archive and document storage systems. Our comprehensive technical library covers the design data of all North American manufacturers’. If you would like more information or for a free no obligation quote please call (630) 783-0825 and ask for Tom.